In this brief guide, we are going to discuss the Barlcys contents insurance and what you should be aware of before getting it.
What is the Barclays contents insurance?
Ther Barclayscontents insurance is a contents insurance provided by Barclays.
The Barclays content insurance provides unlimited theft and damage cover for items whilst they are in your home.
Barclays will replace matching items if one of a set or pair of items is damaged and cover you for your valuables such as necklaces, watches etc.
You can also purchase cover enhancements through Barclays if you need extra protection.
You can get a quote for the Barclays contents insurance here
Barclays has a 5-star defaqto expert rating for its home insurance product.
Do you need contents insurance?
Contents insurance is not compulsory in the UK although most Uk households choose to take out contents insurance for peace of mind.
A mortgage lender will usually only require you to have buildings insurance as part of the terms of your mortgage contract.
What’s usually covered in contents insurance?
- A predefined or unlimited sum insured for your possessions when they are in your home or garden.
- Valuable items with particular limits per item.
What’s usually not covered in contents insurance?
- Accidental damage to goods is usually not covered by a content insurance policy.
- Wear and tear are also usually not covered by an insurance policy.
- Your possessions which are outside of your house. You may be able to get additional cover for when you transit with your possessions e.g your watch.
Why should you get a Barclays content insurance?
- The Barclays content insurance allows you to pay for only what you need. You can either start off with their
- The Barclays contents insurance also allows you to pay monthly without charging you interest.
- You could manage your Barclayscontnts insurance completely online
- In 2019, Barclays paid 98% of all claims submitted.
Who to contact if you have any issues with your Barclays content insurance?
The general number for the Barclays content insurance is:
0800 015 0246 6
Monday to Friday, 8am to 10pm
Saturday, 8am to 6pm
Sunday and bank holidays, 10am to 4pm
You can find more information about the Barclays contents insurance on the policy document.
In this brief guide, we discussed the Barlcys contents insurance and what you should be aware of before getting it.